Queryon is looking to fill a Data Engineer role.
This position requires a high level of technical knowledge and experience to help us deliver innovative custom solutions for our clients. You will have the opportunity to design and implement Microsoft Azure cloud solutions and technologies across a variety of industries. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, collaborative, and innovative individual able to perform in a fast-paced, modern IT environment.
- Prior consulting experience required.
- Experience in designing and hands-on development in cloud-based analytics solutions.
- Expert level understanding on Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, and Azure App Service is required.
- Designing and building of data pipelines using API ingestion and Streaming ingestion methods.
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code is essential.
- Experience in developing NO SQL solutions using Azure Cosmos DB is essential.
- Thorough understanding of Azure and AWS Cloud Infrastructure offerings.
- Strong experience in common data warehouse modelling principles including Kimball, Inmon.
- Experience in additional Modern Data Platforms related technologies such as Snowflake, Matillion, BryteFlow and Tableau are a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge in Azure Databricks, Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Stream Analytics, Power BI is desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS/SSAS (Tabular with DAX & OLAP with MDX) SSIS) is desirable.
- Knowledge of C# and Hands-on with Powershell scripting is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Python is desirable.
- Experience developing security models.
Soft Skill Qualifications
- Strong customer engagement skills to understand customer needs for Analytics solutions fully.
- Experience in leading small and large teams in delivering analytics solutions for customers.
- Have demonstrated ability to define, develop and implement data models and supporting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Strong data analysis and analytical skills.
- Have demonstrated the ability to guide the development of data requirements for projects and drive a user experience that is easy to use and delivers the right information at the right time.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Provide technical leadership and thought leadership as a senior member of the Data Analytics team in areas such as data access & ingestion, data processing, data integration, data modelling, database design & implementation, data visualization, and advanced analytics.
- Engage and collaborate with customers to understand business requirements/use cases and translate them into detailed technical specifications.
- Lead quality assurance (QA) activities from design to implementation phase of the proposed MDP solutions to customers.
- Collaborate with project managers for project/sprint planning by estimating technical tasks and deliverables.
- Engage with clients’ leadership and technology teams in strategic discussions to provide technical strategy and industry guidance to improve their long-term business goals.
- Leading pre-sales activities associated with MDP related opportunities, including development of targeted demos, presales collateral, and solution positioning documents.
- Assist in the development of AMS (support) models, including the required collateral from a presales perspective to help promote AMS offering and positioning to customers.
- Staying abreast of the latest developments in the modern data platform area (especially Azure analytics services), sharing information and running education sessions with the NTT DATA BS team and customers.
- Lead small teams in delivering solutions for customers.
- Develop best practices including reusable code, libraries, patterns, and consumable frameworks for cloud-based data warehousing and ETL.
- Maintain best practice standards for the development or cloud-based data warehouse solutioning including naming standards.
- Health insurance benefits
- Generous unlimited PTO / sick leave
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Home office stipend
- Yearly bonus structure
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US!
To apply for this job email your details to Kristin.Skelton@queryon.com